Sunday, March 8, 2009

Reader's Write: Juice and Bentonite Detox Program

Here is a story submitted to us by a friend of mine. He's a vegetarian, so perhaps this fast was easier for him. This is very inspirational and I invite you to read over it

* * *

A few years ago, when I was visiting Australia, I did a juice fast. The program was based on the writings of Dr. Richard Anderson. You needed to buy the things in the Arise & Shine DeLuxe Cleanse 28 Program.

Here's how it goes:
Week One: Eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner and only eat fruits and vegetables. Drink juice-shakes twice a day plus with cleansing herbs and bentonite clay.
Week Two: Meals reduced to lunch and dinner and one juice-shake.
Week Three: Now only lunch and the juice-shake.
Week Four: Only juice shakes and enemas that extract a grayish poop that is nothing but clay, fruit & vegetable fibers and waste from your intention tract and bowels.

There is no non-fruit or vegetable product (herbs are OK), a few types of grain and legume, no artificial sweeteners, of course no chemicals other than what's on the produce, and of course no alcohol, meat, dairy, fish, eggs.

As a mostly vegetarian (no meat, but fish & dairy are OK), adjusting to this type of diet was not so hard for me as it would be for some other people, but it pushed me. I spent long long days playing video games took the focus off my hunger. I was usually in bed by 11 p.m. and woke up wide awake and full of energy.

After a couple of weeks, once I got used to the hunger, I was very energetic. I was doing kung fu, going to the gym (not recommended), and lost no muscle or strength despite losing 10 lbs. The natural protein found in fruits and vegetables sustained me just fine.

It's also possible during these fasts to see body pains disappear, experience deep emotions or clarity, and retrieve gum that you swallowed many years ago.

By the 4th week, I was ready to give in. Food tasted strong and artificial. Before long I was back to living and eating normally.

It was a life-changing experience. I'm thinking of doing it again. It requires A LOT of fruit and vegetables, a planned schedule, and a good juicer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bookmark Buttons

Bookmark and Share